Transfer ownership of an EnergyID record
When another person becomes responsible for a property or building, primary ownership of an EnergyID record can be transferred to another account.
Only the owner of a record can transfer primary ownership.
Follow these steps to transfer your record to another account.
- Click Records in the drop-down menu below your profile icon.
- Click on the three dot icon behind the name of the record you want to transfer and select Transfer.
- Enter the email address of the user that will become the new owner and click Confirm transfer.
- The user gets an email with instructions to complete your transfer request.
After you have given someone else ownership of a record
When you give someone else ownership of a record, you can no longer perform the following actions:
- Transfer the record, including back to yourself.
- View, modify or delete the record, unless the new owner gives you the required permissions.